I don't know if I've shared a picture of the park nearest our house. It is nestled beneath these gigantic chestnut trees. Of course, I didn't know they were chestnut trees until last fall when I saw people picking the nuts up off the ground and gathered a couple of pocketfuls myself. When I got home I googled them and figured out how to roast them. Sadly, we thought they were gross so we won't be picking up any this year, but they are fun to play with! Another interesting tidbit about our park is that it seems to be in an area frequented by wild boar. There are spots all over the place where the grass has been turned up from their digging around. Fortunately, I also googled them and discovered that thankfully they are mostly nocturnal, so I hope we don't run into any.
We have been transitioning Madison to the Kinderwagen (pram-type stroller) recently to have more options than the wrap carrier you have seen her in so many times. She complains when she can't see so sometimes I put her on her tummy and move the shade back to she can watch where we are going. She loves it!
Last week was our first week at the fall Musikgarten class here in Dessau! We looked for a local music class after we first moved here and couldn't find one. London has been taking my mom's Musikgarten classes since she was 6 weeks old so it was great to find an ad for a local class from a pamphlet we got in the hospital. London follows right along with the class even though she doesn't really understand the songs (I whisper to her a rough idea of what the songs are about, what the motions or dances mean, etc.) and the kids in her class are all enamored with Madison. It is great that I can bring her along also, as Jason is sometimes working during the class and can't be home with the baby.
Well, that's all for now! I'll leave you with a little clip of the girls at the park. :)
I'm so glad you have a nice park nearby! Spunky saw the picture of London and was like, "Who's that?" When I told her she started to feel really old, because she still remembers going to your baby shower. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy about the wild boars!