It has been awhile since we have posted anything new and I thought I would just give a quick update. I had a doctor appointment this week and everything is still looking good! It is a bit difficult to glean any additional information with the language barrier, so I am glad I have been pregnant before and have access to babycenter.com to keep myself updated on pregnancy issues for each week of the pregnancy. My doc still thinks we are having a girl, so we are getting more excited that we will know what to expect at the birth!
For the past couple of months we have started back up with a craft night for the ladies in the church (or as Pastor David calls it, “knitting for world peace”). We have been meeting every 2 weeks or so to work on whatever creative thing we have going . It has been great to have some more fellowship with the ladies in the church and it has also been a good opportunity for me to learn some more German, or at least listen and be around the language.
Lately my project at craft night has been cutting up cotton flannel material to make baby wipes. I’m sure most of you know we are cloth diaper users. With London we used regular wipes and this time around we are going to give cloth wipes a try (seems more convenient to throw everything in the washer). We went to the “stock exchange” this week to get some more cotton flannel pillowcases for my project and we found a bright yellow carnival dress for Londie to play dress up in. Isn’t she cute? Reminds me of Belle from Beauty and the Beast, although London insists she is “Hannah” from the Barney Christmas special.

Here also is another belly shot. I cannot believe how huge I have gotten in the past couple of months! This stage is fun because you can see your belly moving around when the baby kicks since everything is getting more cramped in there. I am hoping that the weather will start turning warmer here soon because I just about can’t zip up my coat anymore.

What else.... Anna has gotten us watching “The Bachelor” on abc.com. I'm sure that is important news.
Oh, prayer request: Sunday was our last meeting in the church apartment. The lady who was living in the church apartment subletting the church room to us moved so we can’t keep meeting there anymore. The property managers are letting us meet in a different vacant apartment in the same building for one more month before someone else moves in there and then we will have no place to meet! We know that God has a place for us here in Dessau, so we would appreciate it if you could pray that He will reveal it to us soon!
Also, there is a wonderful social worker named Regina who has been helping us fill out paperwork for Kindergeld and the other assistance, and she has been SO wonderful to work with. She hasn’t used her English since she learned it in high school and we are so blessed that she is willing to step out of her comfort zone with the language to help us. Yesterday I had an appointment with her to fill out a huge application and it took nearly 3 hours to fill everything out. She worked through her lunch break to get it finished and was so sweet about it. I’ve just had her on my heart so be praying that we can plant some seeds in her life and that the Lord will bless her for blessing us. (By the way, we have an appointment next Tuesday to turn the papers into the Job Center where you apply for such things.)
We are gearing up for a visit from Erica in a couple of weeks! We are so excited to see her! If anyone happens to be heading the Portland way in the next week and a half please let us know. We have all of our baby stuff in a storage unit in Fruitland and if we could get some of it to her to bring to us, it would be a big help.
Well, that is all for now! Blessings from the Echeverrias!
No comments:
Post a Comment