Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Apartment Pics









Well, here you go, you asked for it: Pictures of our apartment with all of our stuff everywhere and unorganized. Since I don't know how to put a description underneath each individual photo, I will describe them to you. The first 2 pics are our bedroom complete with my own horribly made curtains (I'm learning), but hey they work! The big monstrosity of a wardrobe we got at the used warehouse place and it came disassembled with no instructions. That was a test for our marriage. :) The next pic obviously is London's room (we were getting ready to hang her curtains, hence the tools in the background). We are borrowing the pack-and-play from David and Meg and hope to buy London a big girl bed in the next couple of weeks. The next picture is the front bathroom with the washing machine/dish drying table on the right hand side. Hallelujah, we got the kitchen sink working yesterday so we don't have to do dishes in the bathroom anymore! (Only took 4 trips to the hardware store a couple miles away... Jason is learning too!) The next 2 pictures are the kitchen (set up with the left side being where the table goes and the right side being where the counter is). The boxes have our kitchen stuff and dishes in them while we are waiting to get cabinets. The last 2 pictures are the living room. One is taken standing in the doorway; you can see the 2 nice big windows and our laundry drying in the back... on the floor is another curtain project. The other picture is taken standing by the tan-colored chair. London is watching Dora at the computer desk.

Well, I hope that I can figure out how to upload a video on here and can do a video tour after we get some more furniture and a complete kitchen set up. Hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Amie. It looks like a very nice apartment, and it is very clean! I am so glad you have a kitchen sink, that should help a ton. I check both your facebook and your blog daily! We are all excited for you and love looking over your shoulder as you establish yourselves over there.

    Luke could not believe it when I told him that all the apartments come without kitchen fixtures of any kind. He insisted that some of them had to be more complete than that. Is that true?

    The curtains look great! When your come back you will be an expert.

    Love you!
    Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Aunt Cindy, it is true. You can get furnished apartments here, but they are way less common and the ones I know of are either really cheap and disgusting or super expensive. Sometimes if you know the person who is leaving the apartment you are going to rent, you can buy the kitchen off of them. I think Germans are very particular about their kitchens and don't like the idea of preparing their food in a place that somebody else used. Or they are just so into food that they are really particular about the way things are set up? I haven't quite figured it out yet. But it is true for other countries besides Germany. If you ask me, the kitchen cabinet/counter/sink makers sure have the best business ever here in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t29541.html

    This above discussion has a little more info on why people think it is the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your curtains look great! I just made my first set too so I understand where you're coming from. :)

    I want to visit Germany! How silly would that be to come visit you there after not seeing you for years here?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking 'crib' guys! Glad you're doing well. We want to come visit.....
    Jason - any good golf courses close by??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I like it a lot. :) It's really coming together. From what you were just telling me, sounds like it's lookin' even better now.

    ReplyDelete